Our Lightweight Fabric is a polyester weave material, similar to a tablecloth. Our Heavyweight Fabric is a poly/cotton knit material with a soft, fleece-like backing, similar to a sweatshirt.
Both fabrics are wrinkle-resistant, have a sewn-in rod pocket for hanging and are machine washable. Which material you choose is really just a matter of preference. Since the heavyweight fabric physically weighs more, it tends to drape a bit nicer than the lightweight fabric. A key benefit of the the lightweight fabric, however, is that it is available in our most popular size, 6ft x 8ft. The heavyweight fabric is not available in 6ft x 8ft, but it available in a slightly larger size, 8ft x 8ft.
Tips for Working with Printed Fabric Backdrops
Fabric Backdrops are shipped folded, so they will require an initial steam upon unpacking. To keep the fabric from wrinkling, we recommend storing the backdrop loosely folded or rolled.
If you are hanging a backdrop that looks best when pulled tight (such as a scenic or wood design), we recommend using clamps on the left and right side of the backdrop to pull the fabric completely taut.
- Easy to store / transport
- Available in many sizes, ranging from 5ft wide to 20ft wide
- Has sewn-in rod pocket for hanging
- 100% glare-free
- Machine washable (avoid bleach & harsh detergents such as Oxyclean)
- Can take up to 5 days for printing before it ships (can be longer during the holidays)
- Not ideal for use on the floor
- Not a black-out material
- Requires steaming upon arrival